The pomfy™ RITUAL & Circadian Rhythm
How does the pomfy™ ritual promote sleep?
Created to support a nightly sleep ritual, pomfy™ uses the latest sleep studies to inform design.
- Spray of custom blended essential oils encourage rest and relaxation
- Amethyst crystals have been known for centuries for their calming aura
- Cool silk gently relieves tired eyes
- Weighted eye pillow provides a gentle yet steady pressure that goes deep within the body. Researchers have found that this “deep touch pressure stimulation” promotes the release of two brain chemicals -- dopamine and serotonin which have a calming effect that combats anxiety and stress.
- Intended for use as both a sleep aide and headache relief
- As a sleep aide, the pomfy™ eye pillow is not intended to stay on the eyes all night, allowing a wakefulness stimulated by the morning sun and supported by the body's own circadian rhythm.
The circadian what?
The circadian rhythm. Your circadian rhythm is basically a 24-hour internal clock that is running in the background of your brain and cycles between sleepiness and alertness at regular intervals. It's also known as your sleep/wake cycle and it is prompted by the natural rotation of the sun.
The time is right for concious design
The dream team here at pomfy™ is proud to build conscious design principles into the making of all pomfy™ products.
What is conscious design?
Conscious design comprises both a design awareness of the potential long-term and unintended consequences of what we design and a continuous experimentation of our design process to build more sustainable products and services. The materials used to make pomfy™ products are selected with care and consideration for both people and planet.
- Up-cycled Designer Silks (no new fabric is created for pomfy products)
- Organic Flax seed
- Organic Essential Oils
- Made in the USA
- Minimal and recycled package materials.