The pomfy RITUAL & Circadian Rhythm
How does the pomfy ritual promote sleep?
Created to support a nightly sleep ritual, pomfy uses the latest sleep studies to inform design.
- Spray of custom blended essential oils encourage rest and relaxation
- Amethyst crystals have been known for centuries for their calming aura
- Cool silk gently relieves tired eyes
- Weighted eye pillow provides a gentle yet steady pressure that goes deep within the body. Researchers have found that this “deep touch pressure stimulation” promotes the release of two brain chemicals -- dopamine and serotonin which have a calming effect that combats anxiety and stress.
- Intended for use as both a sleep aide and headache relief
- As a sleep aide, the pomfy eye pillow is not intended to stay on the eyes all night, allowing a wakefulness stimulated by the morning sun and supported by the body's own circadian rhythm.
The circadian what?
The circadian rhythm. Your circadian rhythm is basically a 24-hour internal clock that is running in the background of your brain and cycles between sleepiness and alertness at regular intervals. It's also known as your sleep/wake cycle and it is prompted by the natural rotation of the sun.
The time is right for concious design
The dream team here at pomfy is proud to build conscious design principles into the making of all pomfy products.
What is conscious design?
Conscious design comprises both a design awareness of the potential long-term and unintended consequences of what we design and a continuous experimentation of our design process to build more sustainable products and services. The materials used to make pomfy products are selected with care and consideration for both people and planet.
- Up-cycled Designer Silks (no new fabric is created for pomfy products)
- Organic Flax seed
- Organic Essential Oils
- Made in the USA
- Minimal and recycled package materials.